Saturday, July 14, 2012

4 Years Later

So it has been just about 4 years since my last post. In true Aries fashion, i lack the ability to complete anything with as much gusto as I start them with. 4 Years. 4 bloody years. Being a 24 yr old as in my last post is no longer an option and looking back, I think I have spent the time wisely. The illustrious 'twenties' have been kind to me. During those years (and still one and half left to go) I have lived in three different countries. I have visited 14 different countries. My passport has been battered and bruised by immigration officials and i have gained a significant amount of 'laughter' (hardly) lines around my eyes. I have lived in 6 different houses. I quit and then started smoking again. I spent a lot of time worrying about everybody including myself.I got engaged. I worked in more mundane jobs and then I found a meaningful one. I wrote and received many postcards. I reluctantly got a cat (who I now love dearly). I bought and drove my first car enjoying all the freedom and cheesey music moments it brings. I became familiar with depression. I hardly wrote a sentence apart from Facebook and twitter status updates. Looking back I can say it has been a a time full of growing pains and full of new friendships, love and care. I am still in New Zealand. Work permits and residency papers were finally processed and we became permanenet residents of New Zealand. Now we have seen majority of this beautiful country and I call it home. It has brought many happy and many sad memories. Maybe the next few posts will give you a good idea of to spend your time travelling New Zealand and what to expect if you ever want to move here. Dont hold your breath while you wait though. Clearly I have issues with consistancy in blog posts. Kia Kaha (take care) See you when I'm in my mid-thirties.

No comments: